Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Specifications

I love boundaries, rules and instructions.

They protect me, guide decision making and I rarely feel confined. But don't think that means I'm a square. Besides, it's hip to be square. And although I can follow I can also lead.

So for everyone who hasn't read a love list before, these are the specifications I am going by, which I got from this blog here.

"I challenge you to make your own list. The only catch? You can't include a single person you know on your list. No "I love the way my husband laughs" or "I love hearing my little girl call for me." It'll be tough, I know... But this particular little exercise is about stripping away everyone who defines you and figuring out what you (not his partner; not their mother/daughter/sister/friend) love."

So yes I love my family to bits and I love certain little things that they do, but I can't be posting them on this list according to my rules. I may institute a 'Family Friday' or something if I find myself just dying to talk about them, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?