Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wasting Things

I hate wasting things. It totally irks me, for longer duration and more intensely than it should.

Example:
I bought Nat some barbecue tools for Christmas last year, as we had just before that bought a barbecue. I spent a long time choosing them. I settled on the expensive, good-quality-but-not-top-of-the-line set with a 3 year warranty.
Nat just threw them out because he said they were rusty.

I just can't stop thinking about it. I'm way more annoyed than I should be. Maybe I should buy him more barbecue tools for Christmas this year just to teach him a lesson because I know he'll hate getting the same present twice AND I've spoiled the surprise because he'll probably read this. I might just do that.

But, to be fair, he said he didn't know they had a warranty. Besides the fact that they came in a box with a big "3 Year Warranty" written across the front, he does have a point. We didn't keep the box. And really I need to be honest, I'm annoyed at the loss not at Nat.

Still. Can't stop thinking about it...

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Maybe I should get him some for Christmas too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should, I don't think I can actually bring myself to get him some again. We might just end up making do with our teeny kitchen utensils all summer. Perhaps next year I will have recovered enough from this loss to try again.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?