Monday, May 18, 2009

Running

I hate running!!! I hate it! I generally avoid all types of exercise insofar as it is possible within my life as a mother of 2 living up 3 flights of stairs and in a very small 2 storey house. It's THE WORST type of exercise. I mean, swimming is hard, but at least it's enjoyable.

So. I've started running. If you hadn't guessed. 

This is what I'm like now. 
(Except I'm not a man and I'm not running a marathon like this guy)





This is what I will be. 
(Except I'm not black and I don't run the track)

But other than those differences, that's almost exactly what I'm expecting. 

I've gone for 2 runs so far, stuck to the program, perfect record. So today we bought me some running shoes, I was loving that they are actually RUNNING shoes! That's what the box says! And what helps me get up early and out the door are these two things: I keep telling myself that I hate running. But now that I've had children and learned how to get out of bed in the morning, I can make myself go even if I can't make myself love it. So I keep thinking, man this sucks and I hate running but I don't have to love it to do it. The next thing, is that Nat gets up at 7am to look after the kids while I go. The first morning he even made me breakfast. But if you didn't know, Nat prefers to stay up late and then sleep in, generally not getting up until a couple hours after me and the kids. So even though it's a bit horrible, knowing that I'm not the only one suffering through this helps me too!

I'll keep you posted! Here's to better health, increased fitness and looking good (mostly looking good, I'm dying to fit all my clothes again after having Sadie)!

1 comment:

Thoughts?