Friday, July 31, 2009

Red

Red is my favourite colour.

I remember when I was 6 being given at school one of those photocopied pieces of paper "My favourite colour is _______ because __________________". Well I knew my favourite colour was red. I hadn't really thought of why before. So I put something in there that I thought was the type of thing my teacher would have wanted me to write and painted a big picture of a person and some other things, using only my favourite colour.
When I had to show my work to the class I got a bit of a funny look from my teacher.
"My favourite colour is red because it is the colour of blood."
"Is that really why?"
"Um... yes."
"Ooohhh-kaaaay. Next!"

If only Twilight had come out 15 years earlier maybe my answer would have come as less of a shock to Ms. Cooch. Then again maybe not, I was only 6 years old.

Why did I need to have a reason for liking my favourite colour anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?