Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Battle wounds

I forgot to mention that I did a guest post on my sister's blog. If you didn't read it you may want to because this follows on from that.

Behold.


What you don't see it?


The "Y" shape there under my bottom lip? Mittens. Most of the injuries she gave me have faded over the years because they were mostly cosmetic. This one I have carried with me for a long time.

I remember the encounter. She pounced at my face. Her teeth/fangs made this mark. I went to the mirror. I remember thinking it was so deep that I might need stitches (my childhood had well acquainted me with them). I couldn't quite squirt water through it but it was close to that. I didn't want to tell anyone what had happened though because I was embarrassed that I hadn't known better. So after the bleeding stopped I just left my room and pretended it hadn't happened. Did any of the family reading this notice the injury at the time?

2 comments:

  1. My mum emailed me this: "I remember a few facial wounds from the cat, never realized that any were so serious. Mom"

    Why didn't any of you say anything?

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?