Monday, August 24, 2009

Dancing

I LOVE watching people dance.

Like, unplanned, personal styles type dancing. Routines and things are good too, but I just love the impromptu stuff. Like when someone is a guest on a talk show and somehow they end up dancing. It's the best. Watching is also one of my favourite parts of attending church dances (which is the only kind I attend in my current circumstances, although I do look forward to attending "family dances" with my kids when they go to primary school).

It's surprisingly hard to find a good video of this on YouTube though. Searching "solo dance" yielded dangerous results, and "impromptu dance" wasn't what I was looking for either. I found another video that was certainly entertaining*:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMnk7lh9M3o

But not what I was looking for.

Then a friend shared this little gem on Facebook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0&feature=fvst

Perfect. I LOVE this. I've watched it SO many times. This is the kind of dancing I LOVE. I particularly love the couple dancing at around 1:40 in all of their unco wonderfulness.


*There are over 1500 people dancing in this video. This is a rehearsal, not the final performance. And aren't all those matching outfits great? Yeah, that's because they're in prison. What? Prison? Yeah. Great to see rehabilitation in progress huh? Trust the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?