Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Idle Click

Right now we're on dial-up speeds because we've used up our bandwidth. That in itself is really annoying. But what I keep doing is I click a link/button and sit waiting for it to load (essential on our ridiculously slow connection) only to realise that my click selected that window to be current, and didn't actually click the link/button at all. Ugh. Double dial-up loading times.

I just thought to myself "I hate it when I do that". So I thought I'd add it to the list.

Others things that I could add to the list:
  • Stubbing my toe
  • Finding out I walked the long way around because I didn't know there was a short way (actually I like finding out, I just hate that I did the long walk)
  • Finding out someone popped by when I was out. I love having people pop in, I hate missing them. Want to pop in sometime?
  • The book that is too big for the bookshelf
  • Running out of bread
  • Being short-sighted (as in literally. Glasses are the pits, I'm totally getting lasered one day)
  • Peanut butter sandwiches that are more than a couple hours old
  • Not having a food waste disposal any more since we had to move
  • Animal movies

4 comments:

  1. Stubbing a toes is awful! Anything to do with the hurting of any part of your foot sucks. Love to pop by sometime, hope the move went well. love the post as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to call you my Southern Hemisphere Dopleganger (Animal Movies! Bleh!) were it for the popping in. Pop-ins give me anxiety. When I get home from work what I want to do more than anything is to take my bra off and get into my jammies. But then I always think, "What about the pop-ins?" The world is not ready to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel - I am your doppleganger! It's meeee! As that list could be mine if it weren't for the pop-ins! I like knowing someone is coming. I like having the little ladies supported...it is also preferable to NOT have milk rings glaring at the newly-arrived guest/s. It is precisely because of pop-ins that I began sleeping in day-clothes after I had my baby. Knock knock knock. "Hello? Yes, 'tis me, fully dressed at 9am. Muahahaha!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think being a stay at home mum with no drivers license (hanging head in shame) has something to do with enjoying pop-ins. Or visitors at all. Seeing something that is outside my walking distance brightens my day.
    Rachel - you make me laugh so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?