Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ben Affleck and....?


The other day I was in the shower thinking about He's Just Not That Into You. I can't remember the train of thought that got me there so don't ask. Anyway, I thought, I liked Ben Affleck in that movie. I don't normally like him that much. Something about when he's trying not to smile maybe. I don't know. And I don't hate him, he's just not a fave. Anyway, I was thinking, I liked that character. I'd like like to see him in more romantic comedies. Not action movies that have a love plot, but romantic comedies. Where he's purely the love interest. He could carry that, right? Then I wondered who I would want him to play it with. And I couldn't come up with anyone better than Jennifer Aniston. So then I realised, that really, I just liked that plotline a lot. And it's unlikely that there will be a movie made that is the prequel/sequel to that single thread of that movie. So those characters are lost. Unless I watch the movie again. Or unless anyone can come up with another leading lady for him to fall in love with. It's tough. Anyone?

__________

Sorry about all the multiple posting for anyone reading this in Reader. I really need to start proofreading a bit better.

5 comments:

  1. LURRRV that movie! Emily Blunt would make a good love match for Ben Affleck for a rom-com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting! I just read on Wikipedia that she's set to star opposite Matt Damon!
    I can't say I'm 100% satisfied with that match though (Blunt and Affleck).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't normally like Ben-baggy-eyes either. DrooooooopY! He looks permanently down-trodden. I'm mean.

    ANYWAY, I did find him NON-wince-inducing in this one. AGREED!

    Don't know if I want to see him again though.

    He and Nicholas Cage-aroo could form a baggy face club and sit out of the biz for the rest of forever for all I care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Careful Ange, our whole family would get invites to that club.

    But you're funny. You make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree Ange - I can't STAND Nicholas Cage OR Ben Affleck. OR Uma Thurmin. HOWEVER - Nicholas Cage was ok in the National Treasure movies - of course I'm not gonna go out on a limb and say he was great or anything BUT you know, it was watchable. Same for Ben Affleck and Uma Thurmin in PayCheck - LOVE that movie - can't stand them - either of them - usually. But PayCheck cool movie - Ben and Uma TOGETHER in this movie - bearable :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?