Friday, September 25, 2009

S'more Brownies

A friend recommended this recipe for S'more Brownies. I tried it recently.


I'm sorry to report it wasn't very good. Perhaps my gas oven, with no fan, which required 20 extra minutes and the whole time a temperature 20 degrees Celcius more, changed what the outcome should have been. Or the salted vs. unsalted butter. Or the sweetened vs. unsweetened chocolate. Or the 5 small eggs instead of 4 large. Or not having enough marshmallows. Or cooking it in glass rather than tin. Or the dish being 10" x 6" rather than 8" x 8".

I guess it's not the recipe's fault. But I won't be making it again.

Nat has declared he won't eat a piece of it after the first that I made him try warm out of the oven.

It's the perfect time for you to pop in Nicole (or anyone), because I have plenty of sweets for morning tea.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww ;( i feel like such a failure. I've let you down. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel like that! Didn't you see I kind of diverted from the recipe a little bit? You're not to blame. Also I've got a really good recipe for brownies already, so it's pretty hard to beat. They're not that bad, just not as good as I was hoping for. Come over and try one!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?