Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fail

I tried to make a ginger cake. I burnt it. Domestic fail.

I made dinner for someone I know who is pregnant and very "morning" sick. I asked a friend (who I'm close enough to ask favours of) to drop it to someone else on this side of town (because I was at home by myself with kids in bed so couldn't leave. And I also can't drive.) who was traveling back the 20-30 minutes across to the other side of town to where the pregnant friend lives. I just found out the pregnant friend and her husband are out of town. For I don't know how long. I don't know where the food is now. Service fail.

Because of said cake and dinner I hadn't done the stack of dishes that had my name on it* when my husband got home. Housewife* fail.

I stayed up after the cake and dinner (and blog posts) for over an hour to conquer the dishes. It was very late. New years resolution fail**.

I can't stop thinking about the wasted dinner.

*Before anyone gets fiery and feminist, understand that my husband and I have an unspoken agreement. When one looks after the kids, the other does the dishes. Unless my husband is working then I do them both. Because he is most of the time home around dinner time he does the dishes most of the time.
He has been working for a few days.
We had run out of cutlery.
And pots.
And bowls.
Including plastic.
And paper.
It was my turn.
**Just because I didn't blog about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I quietly resolved to myself that I will get more sleep. It has not happened yet. There's a reason I'm a part of the "People who stay up late for no reason" Facebook group.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mariah... BIG SYMPATHY on the domestic "fail" front.
    Know that feeling.
    Right there with ya!

    I'm visitng from Kiwi Mummy Blogs.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?