Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Irrational Fear

I have an irrational fear that something (snake, spider, toad etc) will come up out of the toilet while I'm going. And all possibilities of what happens next end badly.

Because of this I always need to turn the light on when I go, even if it's the middle of the night and you're trying to stay asleep as much as possible. I figure scrap the staying asleep. I'd rather know there's nothing in there and take a few more minutes getting back to sleep any day. There are a list of things that I do under the "Anything that helps you sleep at night" umbrella including triple lock the door (one lock just isn't enough), shut all the doors in the house except for my bedroom door, put the child safety gate up on the stairs, shut all the curtains in the house and braid my hair.

Never mind that there aren't even snakes in NZ. I just have to do these things. Otherwise I'll lay awake thinking about it until I force myself to get up and do them anyway.

I just KNOW that one day I'll be glad I always did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?