Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Being Sick

What is it with my family? We seem to catch EVERYTHING that is going around.

Another stomach bug. And the flu. Maybe it's a stomach flu...? But I don't know what a stomach flu is, just that it's in Twilight, so I don't know.

Various members of the family have had a selection of: runny nose, coughing, sore throat, vomiting and diarrhea. I pulled the lucky number and got to have it all. Sadie came out with just a runny nose and loss of appetite. At least someone in the house has had some energy. Poor girl was bored out of her mind and couldn't wait to get into her Nana's arms when we were brought dinner on Sunday night (gotta love the in-laws).

So now I'm pretty well recovered. Nat gave me a huge sleep in today which helped. It was great. The kids have been really patient and great all considered.

And we had a great temple week, and a fun time at The Food Show* on Saturday (apart from that being when I started to get sick) but it's all been and gone while I was hiding behind my sick bowl.

*That's a run-down of the food show by a (distant?) relative (I'm claiming it) of mine that I whole heartedly agree with.

4 comments:

  1. Hiya Mariah,

    So sorry to hear you got really sick :( That sucks big time!!

    I'm glad that you got to go to the Food Show...hopefully next time you will be feeling a 100% and be able to go again next year!

    PS thanks for the shout out, and I totally wish I bought some of that cactus juice!

    PPS My fav yoghurt has been Puhoi Valley...but tasted Piako at the food show and found it REALLY good. The collective diary was also delicious (just a wee bit more tart, but still just as sweet)..and it was 3 for $10 as opposed to Piako's 2 for $10...so that was deal breaker ;)
    Gotta love gourmet yoghurt as a special treat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Piako was 3 for $10 when we were there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flu usually does not involve throwing up. When people say "stomach flu" it is usually some sort of stomach virus that comes and goes pretty quickly. But the actual "flu" doesn't really involve the guts. It just gets misused a lot. (And it is a pet peeve of mine. Shocking, I know.) The flu involves aches and pains, fever and coughing and coughing and coughing and coughing. I really hope your little ones don't get that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I think I have the flu. And also had a stomach virus. Thanks for the clarification Sherry. I knew someone would care enough about it to know and advise :).

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?