Monday, August 9, 2010

*Anniversary Extravaganza

This weekend Nat and I will be heading to a hotel to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. I'm pretty excited but also anxious about it for the following reasons:
  • It will be the longest that we've left the kids with someone else before. They'll be with my parents.
  • It will be the first time that I'll be able to sleep in (genuinely, not staying in bed after waking) in 3 1/2 years.
  • We're booked into one of the only hotels in the city (within $ reach) with a pool. Heated. Indoor. Right in the centre of the city.
  • There is also a gym, sauna and spa.
  • Dinner is set now as well after winning that Vista Cafe voucher.
  • I had set aside some money for the evening and prepared myself mentally to spend ALL of it. Now with the voucher we have a handsome budget increase and can consider even more extravagant options: Movie as well as dinner out? Gosh we could see a show. Ridiculously priced room service in the middle of the night? Room upgrade? Late checkout? What else could we do?
Hence the Extravaganza part of the whole affair. Yay.

I booked our room weeks ago and have been looking forward to this weekend for ages. Life is great but it's wonderful to have something to look forward to.

What are you looking forward to?

2 comments:

  1. 5 years - Congratulations! Exciting!

    Which Hotel? I love weekends away, and I don't have anything or anyone to need a "break" from. I just LOVE
    Hotels. LOVE!

    Hope you have an amazing time.


    I'm looking forward to my god-daughters first birthday, possibly a new flat and some other bits and bobs which will remain secrets for a wee while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! It sounds like you have a great weekend plan, and how fortuitous to have one the voucher!

    I am looking forward to spending a couple of days in the nearby ski resort town (Park City) with my husband's family who are all in town for my brother-in-law's mission farewell. I feel like this is the last time that I will REALLY be totally interested in my nieces and nephews; next time I see them I will be more interested in my own little person.

    I'm also really looking forward to meeting this little guy.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?