Monday, August 16, 2010

Here's how it went...

We went away to celebrate our anniversary this past weekend. It was a really good time.

We had lunch, watched a movie, dinner, used the hotel facilities (squash court, pool, spa), slept in, late checkout. It was great.

As luxurious as it was, my favourite parts were the simple things; being able to lay in bed after we woke up (Nat even watched some tv), going out in the evening on a whim ("Wanna go check out the squash court?") and of course the sleep in.

My anxiety for the kids was unrequited. They were 100% fine without me and didn't seem to care that I'd turned up when we got there. I loved that they were so comfortable there. I loved when Mum said 'There were a few "Oh yeah, kids do that!" moments.' E.g. returning to the kitchen to find Sadie tipping dehydrated onion flakes on the floor.

Yay.

Back to normal life now. What fun. I love how when you've had time away from your regular it all seems better when you come back to it. The kids are so much cuter.

What I'm looking forward to now? Long term: Christmas, Mid term: a ball, Short term: getting up in the morning. Who would have thought?

5 comments:

  1. oh YAY glad you have a yummy weekend to celebrate.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Happy Anniversary. I'm glad you had such a great time and got the chance to do it.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It totally looks like all these comments are mine ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that you had a good weekend, and the kids also did! Makes it a bit easier next time ;-)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you two had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?