Thursday, October 7, 2010

Old Hair, New Hair

So a while back I got my hair done. I hadn't had a cut or trim of any kind for just under two years and it had been about 5 since I last got it cut in a salon. One of those grab-a-deal sites had a coupon to get a $245 cut and colour for $90. I threw in birthday money that I still hadn't used to get a massage and my mother-in-law made up the difference to treat me and get the coupon (the birthday money for a massage had been from her too).

I went from this:



To this:



... In a luxurious 2 1/2 hours on a Thursday morning about a month ago.

I dyed my hair for fun all the time as a teenager, but had let it all grow out in the past 5 years. I quite liked that solid, rich brown that my natural head of hair was. I had definitely never gotten foils before and I wasn't too sure about it at first. The hairdresser told me I'd "never go back". She was excited to colour "virgin hair" because she said she could just use tints and it would turn out exactly how she wanted it too. So after a quick look on the colour chart (where apparently my natural colour is a dark blonde) and my reading preference of "something trashy" was filled, off we went.

I saw the blonde streaks after my stylist had washed it out and thought "Oh no. I'm one of those girls." But after a wee while I'm used to it and I think it looks great. It's definitely easy to manage, which was my #1 priority, it got rid of the 6 inches of dry tangle on my ends and it's fun and summery. Just in time for the weather.

What do you think?

(In true makeover before/after fashion, those after photos are totally biased. I kind of like it that way)

11 comments:

  1. I think it looks HOT and your pictures look oh-so-lovely =)

    I miss our Gym dates, I was loving hanging out a few times a week.

    I'm thinking when the weather gets warm we should totally do a date to the pools with 'the babes' and a trip to the botanic gardens coz the park is cool (for 'the babes') and also....

    Driving Lessons...send me your drivers licence number pronto please =)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johanna's agree.....it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great - I agree also!

    I so have to do mine again soon, to many grays showing through :-(!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! I love it on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When not done well, highlights make women look like tigers. Or bumblebees. But yours look great. I really like them. :)

    If I were not so cheap, I would play around with dying my hair and such a lot more often. Plus, it's just hair. If you don't like it, it will grow back. No biggie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is better for your face shape. Yus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the compliments guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. room for one more compliment? you. look. great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very motivating - if only it didn't cost money huh. Last time I got mine done with my sister it cost an arm and a leg, but it was for her wedding I guess and it was relaxing - left the kids in Nelson and we drove to Blenheim where my sister liked to get her hair cut (crazy). Thanks ever so much for the recipe - now all I need is to find fresh bok choy (might have to pick my day)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how in one of the "before" pictures you have the obligatory sullen, look-how-unhappy-I-was-with-my-old-hairstyle facial expression.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?