Saturday, November 27, 2010

Handmade Snob

I went to a handmade market today. I loved browsing the different crafty stalls, gathering ideas. It was fun to have a few moments to command myself rather than hoard the masses (which I had been doing a few minutes earlier).

The only problem is, I wasn't very impressed.

I think my experience in the blog world has led me to have high standards of what handmade should be....

PaisleyJade - Her softies and crochet have neat, clean lines, and I love the style of everything she makes.

made by Rae - Rae sews. And everything she makes for her daughter is super cute. She also makes a few different kinds of bags which are all fresh, and I used her free pattern to make baby tights earlier this year.

Design Mom - Some sewing, some crafting, lots of mothering, lots of projects and lots of inspiration. Her weekend roundups always spotlight beautiful things.

This is just a start. Check back next Saturday for a list of three more sites I peruse for pleasure and inspiration, and hear what I like about them.

Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I went to a newly opened craft shop with my friends and for all the artificial flower arrangements, disposable nappy baby cakes and shower caps it was pretty freaky. I guess there are just different demographics and market out there that I willingly steer very clear from.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?