Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Over the hump...


(Me with Sadie after the gala on Saturday. On her cheek is the first successful face painting to take place in our family.)

After two weeks of laying awake thinking about The Time Traveller's Wife, the ending of The Hunger Games and other works of fiction that like to bounce around my brain, my stint with insomnia is over.

Sleep comes easy, and lasts all night.

I occasionally dream that I hear the children, and wake myself up to go and attend to them, only to find them asleep.

But I'm guessing that's something else.

I'm glad the flu is gone. I'm glad the something else isn't.

I needed a kick in the butt to make me thankful for the sleep that I got. I thought the answer was that I needed to go to sleep earlier, so that I could stay there longer. That probably would do a world of good as well, but this became that kick that restored the restfulness to my sleep.

And now, goodnight. Off to bed with me.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mariah,

    What a lovely picture of you and Sadie!

    I wanted to drop by to tell you I've been reading all your posts for you Month of blogging, and really enjoyihng it!

    Keep it up ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?