Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Horror of another kind

I got a call from my mother yesterday.

"Have you heard the news?"

My thought immediately went to my sister who is almost due. I was sure she wouldn't have her baby this early. I was right.

All images and regular updates from stuff.co.nz


Earthquakes are one of my fears. I have family in Christchurch. So does my best friend, my neighbour, my in-laws, one of the teachers at Kindy. In such a small country, almost everyone does. So we're all in this together, all horrified at the latest news but often unable to keep ourselves from watching. Those of us far away feel helpless and emotional. I can't even fathom what those on the ground in Christchurch are feeling.

My family is safe. So are all the family of the others that I've mentioned. But like my sister Angela said, every number of that rising death toll is somebody's loved one. And every one of our loved ones that is safe could have been one of those numbers.

This is one of the biggest disasters to ever hit our country.








Other Kiwi bloggers feeling the devastation (Nicole and Kristy include links to make donations):
Angela of Striking Keys
Johanna of One Girls Thoughts On Life
Nicole of In My Shoes
Meeks of Juggling Motherhood
Kristy of Paisley Jade

1 comment:

  1. So shocking - thank you for sharing so others can help! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?