Monday, February 13, 2012

Be Natural Cereal and Snacks

The week before Christmas I got a surprise package in the mail. Breakfast cereal! We stick to porridge, Weet-bix or toast in our family (except for on birthdays) and so this was a welcome treat!



I liked the flavoured cereals (Cashew, Almond, Hazelnut and Coconut is one, yummo!)



but was surprised to find that the kids liked the plain flakes. Yay! More of the good stuff for me! According to the box it's also packed full of good grains, so it was filling enough for the kids to last in their tummies around about as long as a porridge or Weet-bix breakfast would. At least I didn't notice them getting hungry earlier than usual. (But they were probably eating less because of the volume of the flakes).

Overall I think this cereal is yummy! And a pretty healthy option considering all the grains packed into those little flakes. I didn't check the sugar content, but I imagine the flavoured cereals have a bit more sugar than the plain flakes, but that's what you're going to get if you want sweet cereal right?!


The Cashew, Almond, Hazelnut and Coconut Cereal.

With very decent sized nut pieces.

The Pink Lady, Flame Raisin, Fruit Flakes and Clusters Cereal. I liked the dried apple, but am not a fan or raisins in cereal.



  The kids enjoying the plain flakes.

We also got sent some Be Natural Trail Bars. Once again with 5 whole grains, that's pretty good for a muesli bar. I liked Berry better than Nut and Fruit, but they were pretty average as far as muesli bars go. And the kids didn't like them.

So if you're willing to pay for the cereals (not super expensive, but we're pretty cheap in our house, hence our budget breakfast norms) then they're probably a good option, and I would recommend them. I wouldn't recommend the muesli bars, but that's just my taste. They're probably one of the healthier options available so if you're interested in that you may as well try them.

(Sponsored post)

2 comments:

  1. us too!! (porridge and weetbix that is). It's funny cos for a while I would get Uncle Toby's flavoured porridge sachets for a "treat" every now and then and I discovered that one of the boys' all time hands down favs was brown sugar and cinnamon. And then of course I naturally came to the conclusion that "this is stupid! I should just add cinnamon to the boys' porridge!! So long sachets!"
    Simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU"RE BACK!!!! The blogging world (namely me) has missed you.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?