Friday, February 17, 2012

The Most Beautiful Girl in the World

Sorry if you thought it was you. That title's taken.


I was laying next to Sadie the other day reading a book while she napped on my bed, and even though she was potentially at her worst I couldn't stop looking at that beautiful face. Her lips were quivering, she was drooling something chronic and she reminded me of a picture of myself that I've seen at a similar age. Despite all that it was one of those perfect moments where everything about my child is perfect and I just breathed it in. It was lovely.

And then she peed on my bed.

I knew because I was warm and wet.

3 comments:

  1. She's beautiful, and growing up so fast...it makes me feel old :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. To quote Dory "Good feeling GONE." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha.
    I know the pre wee feeling well.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?