Friday, February 24, 2012

Pina Colada Smoothie

Oh baby oh, this is a goodie. I'd love to make an ice-cream out of this stuff.

Me with my dessert tonight. Mmmm!

Pina Colada Smoothie

Recipe as given to me (my thoughts/additions)

1 cup fresh pineapple chunks (I did use fresh, but I'm sure canned would work fine)
1 cup light coconut milk (I used coconut cream. Coconut milk is probably slightly less bad)
1 frozen banana (I didn't have one, so put in a few scoops of ice-cream. I figured the banana added thickness and sweetness so ice-cream did the trick)
1/4 cup ice cubes (I don't know if these are necessary but I included them and didn't notice them)
2 tsps honey
pineapple wedges for garnish

Combine all ingredients (except the pineapple wedge garnish) in your blender. Blend until smooth. You can add ice if you want a thicker smoothie, or milk if you want a thinner consistency. Garnish with pineapple wedges, if desired, and serve.
Serves 2. (Or one. I almost filled my large glass twice.)

------------

If you used all fresh ingredients and the banana instead of the ice-cream, you could almost kid yourself in to thinking it was healthy.

You're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. We had this tonight. It took me 5 days to make it happen. Impressed or disappointed?

    ;)

    (with fresh pineapple, coconut cream and a frozen banana)

    P.S. Your eyes look crazy-blue in that picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?