Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pandora

Seven years ago I stumbled upon Pandora. And seven years ago, when the website started registering a measurable amount of hits coming from New Zealand, all NZ IP addresses were locked out of the site due to copyright laws.

Every couple of years I would remember Pandora and go back to the site, only to read the same shut out notice.

Then this morning I got an email...





It seems the appropriate laws and agreements have been settled upon and we are now able to stream Pandora online radio in New Zealand. :-)

I'm really excited about this. I logged in to my seven year old account to find all 18 of my old stations still loaded, and started listening right away. Pandora is how I discovered Brett Dennen and Jason Mraz, all that time ago. I think I'll be listening to more music generally from now on and I'm really excited about it.

Go sign up if you haven't already, do it now!

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear NZ finally has access to Pandora again. If it ever goes out again you can always try Grooveshark - it's a bit more effort because when you create your own radio stations, you add the songs one by one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Erica, I remember how frustrating it was to be shut out of sites while in New Zealand! I'm so happy that you can have Pandora now, I listen to it all the time. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?